Search

Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Better Late Than Never (a short response to my enjoyment)

I highly anticipated this show to air when I saw the commercials for it about a month or two ago. I set a reminder on my TV for it's first episode season premier and honestly completely forgot about even although I saw a commercial for it just about 2-3 days ago.
I was bored at home waiting for my job to call me back and took a nap  after reading my love novel :3 and too my surprise I turned on the TV expecting to just have it as background noise while I type up my blog, and what do ya' know the reminder pops up on the screen.
The show was hilarious you experience your "raw"American on an exotic vacation to no other than Tokyo, Japan. You will literally feel like you are there with them as you watch their over the top reactions to just about everything they see and try and the 4 (technically 5) diverse cast of men make it all the more funnier. I really want to record and write down some of the funny quotes from that episode I will probably makes some memes and gifs later on.
  The dry comedy is to die for as you watch these guys fight and argue and even make fun of some of the more serious moments that were discussed during meals and walks. Watching this show will give you a good reason to never ask what food you are being served (unless it happens to look or be blow fish LOL) because let's face it you'd rather not know. I stupidly ordered calamari not even knowing it was squid or octopus (see I still don't even know) until I brought some home for my mom to try and she gasped saying "YOU ordered that, do you even know what that is!? Wow I'm shocked!" While she doesn't mine my phobias and fears keep me away from trying new things when it comes to exotic foods that are squirmy and well unusual to me I have many exceptions though.
I laughed at too many moments that I honestly can't say which was my favorite maybe it's a tie between the Capsule Hotel & "Mt. Fuji". Maybe.....
While this show is a bit controversial to some I would like to compare it to South Park meaning it is very funny and dry in it's since of humor and if you are easily offended then this show is NOT for you. Yes you watch Americans technically make a fool of themselves but why be so uptight what's wrong with having a little fun every now in then besides there are plenty of boring tour shows this shows a more radical made for television perspective of not only tourist but elderly, comical, celebrity tourists in Asia. This is something very different in a good way. The jokes they crack on each other will have you smiling laughing and crying.
I think Tokyo was a great place to choose for the first episode (and no I am not just being biased well maybe a little bit).
Anyway I'm keeping this short since it was written on the go. I just want you to check this show out for a good laugh. There's nothing like watching your fellow Americans act like....well........ Americans.
I recommend that you give this show a view and watch it when it airs again next week on Tuesday at 10/9 Central Time. Better Late Than Never is a must watch for me and it should be for you too!
Let me know what you thought of the show in the comments below, and tell me what was your favorite quote or scene.

Stay Tuned!

Please Subscribe to my Blog and Follow Me on my other social media pages.

YouTube: 
https://www.youtube.com/user/CoMicninetyfive/videos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Most Popular Posts