Search

Blog Archive

Friday, October 14, 2016

How I Got Over My Acne

I struggled with severe acne from age 10 until about 16 or 17ish. It really did just "magically disappear almost entirely but every once in a while I still experience flare ups. I wanted to let you know that while you may be tired of hearing this that acne DOES go away thankfully once it really matters you know. Once you are actually an adult and can go out for dates, parties and interviews and really do want to put your best face forward (no pun intended I fucking promise it gosh!). Well I don't have the cure but these products sure do seem like it. This post is not sponsored and I am not affiliated with any of these products but wanted to tell you what I have honestly used and what does and does not work ( at least for me).
 First let's break it down. Acne is 1 part hormonal changes and 1 part oily dirty sensitive face...... Like this super embarrassing photo of myself that I will soon regret having posted but hey like I said on this blog we are all family here xD (trust me it looks a lot worse in person and that's  after the photographer edited it).
My school pictures from 6th grade. I had horrible acne and a bad hair day for picture day. This photo makes it look better than it really did but this is the worse and probably only picture I have where my acne was very visible


The best way to avoid acne is by doing everything you've already heard. Change your diet, exercise, wash up more frequently and clean your face more often. This all sounds like crap and you may be eating chips, pop and a donut as you read but trust me it does help!
Now onto the good stuff you came here for right?

Step 1

Make sure you are not the cause of the problem! Try to avoid greasy, sugary and salty foods. Try and eat them in moderation.

Despite the fact that you obviously do not want Mount Pimple on display you need to remove you hair from your face. I know I know you want to cover them with your long hair or anime bangs but oils from you hair can easily transfer to your face and become that icky dirt trapped under your skin that adds onto Mount Pimple. If you must wear it in your face or along your jawline and back be sure to clean these areas with hot/warm water and clean it before you go to bed too.
Also make sure you are washing your sheets properly. You pillow can also be to blame for acne breakout since you sweat and drool on it at night it needs a good wash weekly or at least twice a month.
Drink plenty of water. Acne requires a lifestyle change not just on the outside but the inside too because hey that's how they form anyway! Whenever you feel hungry drink 1-2 glasses of water. Try and replace your soft drinks (or alcohol if you are over 20 years of age in America). Water helps to cleanse your body make you feel great and helps you to lose weight too! Water is the friendliest thing you could ever drink.





Step 2 Treat the Problem



Purchase some drug store over the counter products to help combat your acne flairs. I highly recommend Neutrogena and Clean & Clear. Specifically Neutrogena's pink grapefruit facial/body scrub and Clean & Clear's on spot acne ointment treatment.

These two products are life savers. The scrub works great all over your body a little goes a long way and it has a great smell. Your skin will feel so soft and smooth. The on spot acne treatment works great for pimples that show up at a bad time on an important day. If you can access these products I recommend using rubbing alcohol or toothpaste to clean the skin ( be careful not to get any in your eyes or too close to your mouth or nose (it happens to me all the time and it will burn and hurt). These products will cost about roughly $20 for the pair but will last you a while. They are definitely worth the price.
Make sure when you are cleaning up that you properly wash your chest =, face and back or any other areas ion which you are prone to your breakouts. Dead and/or dirty skin can harvest nasty oils and bacterias which will ruin your day and look.






Step 3 Self Medicate

No we are not talking about weed here people but getting a prescription. I HIGHLY recommend Clindamycin. I had never heard of it until I saw my doctor back in my freshman year when he acted as though he had just noticed my acne which I had for like 4-5 years by that point. He prescribed it to me and les than an hour later I picked it up from Walgreen's. My skin was flawless almost instantly and I really didn't do anything besides wear my hair pulled back out my face and it was down and straightened during this time. I will let you know that there are much stronger medications ( I work in a pharmacy I would know) but they are very dangerous to you and your unborn child should you be or happen to become pregnant.
Clindamycin is sticky it is literally a gel for your face that make acne disappear. It has a slight medications odor to it but it is not stinky or overbearing just a light smell that fades. However it does work!

Thanks to these products (and my age) my skin has completely cleared up. Now pimples are a thing of the past. I occasionally experience 1 or 2 small pimps but for the most part my skin is crystal clear thanks to following the tips.
I was not paid or sponsored this is my opinion and why I personally did and used to combat acne as a teenager.
I envy those whose genes practically allowed them to doge the acne plague. It is just not fair at all.
Remember this will not last forever. It will go away. Acne is not forever but pimples are! Everyone gets them every once in a while. We have all head embarrassing outbreaks. Try your best to be confident and brave. There is no reason to hide the beautiful face and charming smile of your because of such a small, mere imperfection.



Stay Tuned!

Please Subscribe to my Blog and Follow Me on my other social media pages.

YouTube: 
https://www.youtube.com/user/CoMicninetyfive/videos







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Most Popular Posts