Well today was my third official day on the job and let me tell you it was HORRIBLE. I sadly do not have a car or a drivers license (I know but please don't judge me I am already sad and just finished crying). So since my mom was busy at work today I had to walk to and from work. I recently moved to a new city in Chicagoland and this would be my first time getting myself back and forth but I'm a big girl. As always I finished getting ready just in time and left for work an hour before I started. I put together a list of songs to get me in my thoughts on my way to work and awkwardly navigated traffic as to avoid being in harms way (I have always been paranoid of crossing busy streets especially when I am alone). I played my music loud. I was hot and sweaty it was in the upper 80'2 today and I had on navy blue. I also hated the feeling of cars driving by and judging me for not having a car and being a minority xD but at least if anyone wanted to call me a nigger or a prostitute I couldn't hear them anyway.
I arrived 30 minutes early and treated myself to a Tall extra caramel frappe at the Starbucks to kill time as I waited to start work. I came to the pharmacy 10 minutes early and since no one greeted me I said Good Morning to everyone to no reply. I asked the Pharmacist for the key to the storage room to put my bag away she didn't even say hi just handed me the key as she worked and ignored me. I noticed there was a "new" technician I had not met yet but she also did not speak to me. I decided to wait at least a few extra minutes and walked around the over the counter drug aisle in Target and familiarize myself with some products to kill some more time. I came back inside after about 5 minutes and clocked in.
Eventually the technician I hadn't met greeted me and introduced herself but the other technician I had trained with did not nor did the pharmacists exchange any words with me. I quickly realized how busy their Mondays were and felt out of place since I had been given no verbal or written instructions I tried to be helpful and work at production but was quickly told I had tasks to get done such as filling the filled prescriptions when I am at pick up. Well I thought to myself no one told me I was at pick up but okay note taken! I stayed glued to pickup for about 2-3 hours and constantly put prescriptions in their waiting bins and sold drugs to my custys. I barely received any help even when the lines where long and fet out of place to call for help since everyone seemed so busy. I CONSTANTLY needed help.I knew how to do my job but I continuously had complicated customers. I was also told not to work at drop off since I had not trained there yet and so I constantly had to let my coworkers know when someone needed to drop off a prescription or when I messed up a transaction.
Eventually there was down time and I awkwardly paced around asking if there something for me to do since I did not want to bother anyone anymore than I already had but I also wanted them to know I wasn't lazy and was just trying to help but still learning.
I had several customers get mad at me because their prescription did not appear in their profile or because I asked them to spell there name (especially for people I had to ask more than once). I am a pharmacy technician not the Websters Dictionary! Sorry Lynda and Kathy but there are at least 2 ways to spell your name and oh don't even get me started on last name! We are all family here on this blog right? Well I happen to be African-American. I do have an unusual name for a black girl but 99.9% of Black people have simple basic last names like Smith, John, Jackson, Taylor, Anderson etc.. mostly because of slavery. White people and foreigners have all kinds of last names that I have not seen or had to spell EVER in my life. All you have to do is spell it or better yet show me your ID gosh it is not that hard. I have always spelled my name slowly aloud whenever anyone asked for my name because as a black person people generally assume they misheard my name and my last name has a unique spelling to it. Oh and then there's people with accents or that have mumble voices!
They showed me the ropes of what they do when closing and we talked a bit (literally like I said "oh okay").
Anyway sorry for getting off subject when my trainer left it got busy again so I was back on the register when I overheard someone who sounded like her telling someone that I was busy and before I knew it she was next in line and I honestly can't remember if it was her or her son but I was handed a bouquet of orange carnation flowers and I thanked them and she introduced me to her cute son. My heart literally melted I didn't think they were for me at first and then she walked off apparently getting ready for a baseball game this evening. I had spent the whole day thinking everyone hated me and that she was mad at me although I had no idea what I could have possibly done (but that happened before to me but that will be another story for you guys). I almost felt happy... I managed to smile and awkwardly say thank you before she ran off in a hurry and new patients swept me away.
I didn't know why they gave me flowers and tried not to be negative since I felt thoughts of negativity rushing into my mind. I began to think about how shy and bashful yet happy the cute little boy was.
I tried to be happy and I felt encouraged again I was motivated to work harder!
Soon the "not new" technician left (I didn't even realize she was leaving I thought she had gone on break). The pharmacists (my manager) asked if I would like to stay since the night shifter called off. I said yes and offered to stay until close. We chatted a little and then she told me to take a lunch since I was staying for almost 2 extra hours. On my break I got another Caramel frappe but this time a Grande knowingly putting myself in the red but too hungry to care. I walked around the store texting my mom and friend trying to kill time when a "bold" customer chatted me up as I dug my phone out of purse. I didn't realize she was talking to me so she had to get my attention and she joked about not getting a cart so she would come into Target and go out without buying anything she couldn't hold her hands were full so I offered to get her a cart she refused and I simply said "No" and rushed to the stores front end and quickly came back she was so grateful and asked me for my name and I asked for hers.... she was Sarah ( I just thought about "Sarah Smiles" P!ATD). She was so kind to me and said she would stop by again when I told her I worked at the pharmacy.
When I came back from my break things got super busy. We had patients coming in line 10 minutes after we had closed but still served them. I made a dumb mistake that made me feel stupid again.I was ringing up flu shots for a patient and right as I was about to hit total the pharmacists said don't hit total or before you hit total I don't know what exactly was it that she said because she was so quiet I could barely hear her. She rolled her eye and quietly (seemingly angrily) quickly voided it and resold it to issue the promotional gift cards that came with the shots. I apologized as I had been doing all day. My coworkers must think I'm a loser I thought :(
I was running back and forth and eventually there was nothing I could even help with. I could feel the pharmacist wanted to send me home since I was just awkwardly searching for work to do. Soon she finished everyone up and I sold the last prescription. I asked for the key to get my bag after she had told me I can go and she quickly replied that the door was left open. I grabbed my stuff and left without an exchange of words.
On my walk home I got lost several times. I passed my home and as I walked back saw a garden snake for the first time ever! I was so scared but thankfully it was too it was jumping it's way into the grass. I still had my playlist going and was holding my flowers in my hands just as I held back my tears and tried to convince myself that I was being too sensitive :/
I then awkwardly didn't remember where to turn to get to my home and after twisting and turning in front of people in parked cars who probably thought I was trying to rob someones home I found my address.
I waited for a few minutes after aggressively ringing the doorbell to have my rude brother complain at me for not using my keys to get in. We never use keys and usually go through the garage but I did not have the remote for it and did not feel like guessing which key goes where (the keys are mixed up because of the crappy copy our landlord gave us plus they were somewhere in my purse). This instantly made me angry! I thought to my self and let him know umm excuse me but didn't I tell you I was going to ring the bell before I left for work? Besides since I stayed late to "help" and got lost you had an extra 2 hours. We argued for all but 5 minutes and it's been silent ever since. I vented to my friend but that wasn't much help at all...as expected. Then after I placed the flowers into a cup because I didn't have a vase to use because nobody loves Rin :'( I realized that I left something top secretly embarrassing at work. GREAT! I already had to deal with getting into it with "not fake boyfriend" and now I just had the worst day ever. It's been a long time since I have felt so bad.
I know nobody cares about this and you are wondering why would you blog about this. Welll because I am me. I needed someone to talk to and this was a great way to do so. Maybe you too can relate. I know that I am not alone.... and you don't have to be either..........
Well I am done bitching and crying to you guys sorry for my long and boring every little detail crybaby story.
Stay Tuned!
Please Subscribe to my Blog and Follow Me on my other social media pages.
YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/CoMicninetyfive/videos
YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/CoMicninetyfive/videos
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Comic95?lang=en



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.