Search

Blog Archive

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Starbucks Peer Pressure

Why do people feel the need to have Starbucks? Retail workers are the most comical. They feel pressured to eat and drink at Starbucks knowing that they can not afford the cost of anything on their menu. I mean just one drink is like a whole hours worth of work!

Oh and don't get me started on professionals and even kids who have joined in on this snooty epidemic. People have convinced themselves that they can't live, think, or function without their morning joe. I think this is just ridiculous and has gotten way out of hand.
I personally used to work for Starbucks, It was my job back when I was only 17. I never liked coffee or Starbucks but couldn't deny that they did serve some good food and drinks. They are way overpriced and can be very inconsistent since drinks are made to order and more customized than your average Dunkin or Mc Cafe.

While I was at work people would come in and ask for a cup or a cup of water or even more ridiculous a "venti" or "trenta"cup (excuse my spelling if I am wrong)" just so they can "look" as though they are classy, cool, or "rich. I never understood why these people did not just buy a reusable Starbucks logo cup or saved their old used ones or ask for extra cups even! My Starbucks was in the mall so other stores would try to m are trades for free food or will befriend you for free beverages and pastries. Others like people from Macy's or Apple employees who were making the same penny paychecks as myself would buy drinks multiple times per day and would usually ask for the most expensive items on the menu!
Now don't get me wrong I am not personally someone who enjoys drinking coffee in fact I seldom do so. However I love their cheese danish (when they don't burn it) and I also like their Passion Tea Lemonade and Hot Chocolate (occasionally an extra caramel frappe). However I am not dramatic and can live without it. I had my first Starbucks product right after I had first heard about them when I was about 12 years old hanging out with my "other mom" who could not believe that I had never heard of or been to Starbucks.

So you tell me does this bother you? Why are so many people obsessed with this dumb trend? Are you guilty of faking a Starbucks drink? Do you know people who waste their whole paychecks on overpriced coffee on a regular bases?

Stay Tuned!

Please Subscribe to my Blog and Follow Me on my other social media pages.

YouTube: 
https://www.youtube.com/user/CoMicninetyfive/videos

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Most Popular Posts